Pages

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Tuesday Weigh-Ins: 1.5lbs Lost

Tuesdays are a strange day for weigh-ins but it was on a Tuesday when I first stepped on a scale after a few months of gaining some unwanted pounds! I've continued to weigh in on this day of the week and am really happy to document the fact that I lost more than 1 pound this week!

As a side note, I bought my first scale two weeks ago. I used to weigh in at the gym but wanted something in house. Since I'm a cheapo, I bought a scale that rounded to the nearest 0.5 lb ... I suppose I could have splurged for something more precise?


Total weight loss: 10 lbs | 7.5% of body weight
Goal weight: 115 lbs | 8.5 more lbs to lose!





I didn't start tracking inches until the first week of April (4/3) but in 5 weeks I've lost 4 inches from my waist and 2 inches from my hips.


As I post these charts, I can't help but recall a similar post I had published over a year ago today on 4/6/2011. I was AGAIN on a weight loss mission at that time and was down to 119 lbs. It was the only post I made on weight loss and I don't think I ever got down to 115. In any case, there are a few lessons for me here as I reflect:
  • It's definitely worth the investment to acquire the tools and knowledge to learn about nutrition. Once thing I wasn't experiencing last year that I'm experiencing now are the amazing affects of plant-based foods.
  • Cooking is an amazing creative outlet that I'm really starting to love and use as quality time with Anna! I know for sure that I wasn't cooking that much at all last year and was feeling really overwhelmed with getting food on the table for the family every evening. In general, I recall anxiety about food across the board and my only focus was about cutting as many calories as I could.
  • Weight maintenance is going to be your real journey (though it's hard work to lose 10 out of 18.5 lobs!!!). Despite having gotten down to 119 last year, I clearly gained it back plus some! That fact speaks for itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment