I love three day weekends. Our Memorial Day weekend was the best way to kick-off the start of Anna's official summer break! We headed out to Las Vegas with our besties, The E-Family, and had a wonderful time relaxing and chatting by the pool and visiting the kid-friendly sights of Vegas.
For me personally, it was particularly great to have 2 amazing days of running on Saturday and Sunday (10 miles and 6 miles respectively). We got back last night and I am TIRED today - surprisingly tired, in fact. I logged 30 miles this week and had decent strength training sessions, which I'm sure are playing a big roll in this. Nothing too drastic in terms of my sleep but I did eat out a lot more than usual and had more alcoholic beverages than usual as well. Finally, it's also my 'special' time of the month (TMI) so it's all working in orchestra.
My usual Tuesday morning run was bumped to later on in the day since I got up way too late but I hopped on the scale anyway for my usual Tuesday weigh-in. I just saw a nasty 122 lbs on the scale, which is frustrating considering how hard I worked this week. That said, I lost an inch around my waist so it seems I'm still making forward progress. Enough on that - my focus now is on staying positively and being much more vigilant with what I eat.
ANYWAY, below is the summary of our wonderful long weekend:
On our way to Vegas...
Goofing off before take-off
Dinner with some new friends the night we arrived. I took a photo of my food to help me remember what I scarfed :) The kids do a BBoy and BGirl pose.
More goofing around at the restaurant. A photo of the Palazzo in the cab on our way back to the hotel.
Left - shot with the kids right out of the cab. Right - breakfast during our first morning in Vegas.
Saturday morning getting ready for my long run. The following photos are shots I took along the way...
No comments:
Post a Comment