First, planning out food/snacks is imperative. On my first day (Tuesday), almost all my meals were things I packed - and I felt encouraged about how the next few days were going to go. Since this was a short trip, I really didn't worry too much.
Second, which is related to the first, it's worthwhile to note the location of the closest grocery stores. On Wednesday night, I was starving by the time I arrived at a networking dinner. Since the day entailed a marathon of back-to-back meetings at the US EPA, I didn't have the normal PM snack that I was accustomed to. On top of all that, I forgot my water bottle and felt thirsty for most of the day.
Third, I love my home cooking :) During the Wednesday night networking dinner, I had a vegetarian lasagna (it had cheese that I had to pick out, which I hate doing since I hate picky eaters and now I sort of am one!) that made my digestive track rebel. Basically, it was salty and the vegetables didn't look fresh...I wasn't sick but I felt bloated and 'off' right after I ate.
Fourth, social drinking is a weakness of mine. I just have to think: moderation. In total over the entire trip I had: 1.5 glasses of white wine, 2 glasses of scotch, 3 shots of sake and 1.5 Amstel Lights. *Sigh* This mistake could be my weight loss demise for the week.
And finally, I love my sleep. While it would seem that I had reasonable amounts of sleep, the tiny three hour difference still threw me off and I felt it on my sluggish morning runs!
First shot in DC on my walk to my meeting locations.
Early morning run after arriving at my hotel at midnight!
My first day of meetings at the Federal Triangle at US EPA Ariel Rios building.
Happy after finishing up day 2.
Headed out to dinner on my last night to meet up with an old friend.
A few shots on my walk over to dinner - and a vanity shot.







No comments:
Post a Comment