We had amazing weather in San Francisco these past two days. Weekends like these, because they get me outdoors, brings me closer to and more enamored by this city. It really does feel like home after 2 years (don't ask me how I feel about SF during the summer months when its cold and foggy).
As I mentioned in a previous post, I've designated my two rest days on Mondays and Fridays since it's a lot easier for me to find the time to work out over the weekend. On Saturday, I ran my longest 'long run' in 2012 (10.4 miles) and hiked 8 miles on an incredible day along the Rodeo Valley loop with Kate and her sister Lauren.
Here are a my totals for the week:
24 miles per week (32 if you include my Sunday hike)
7'47" hrs running | 48" minutes of strength training
Monday
Rest
Tuesday
5.7 miles | 1:00:04 | 10'28"/mile
JM Video No Trouble Zones | 24 mins | 4 circuits
Tempo run along the Embarcadero. My legs were feeling fresh and I felt great pushing it throughout the entire run.
Wednesday
3.34 miles | 54:33 | 16'18"/mile
JM Video No Trouble Zones | 24 mins | 4 circuits
My first run/walk with Anna along the Embarcadero (again).
Thursday
4.6 miles | 48:14 | 10'25"/mile
Tempo run on a Marina Green out and back. I felt really strong and consistent on the hills and throughout the whole run. It was a great confidence booster and affirmation that strength training (which I love) is indeed beneficial for running!
Friday
Rest
Saturday
10.4 miles | 2:04:21 | 11'52"/mile
Was proud of myself for shutting off the lights by 9:45 and getting up by 6:30. I was out the door by 7:15 but felt like I was fighting something off and was getting paranoid! I took a zinc pill and made sure that I kept the run easy and my heart rate steady. It was an incredible day and I made it a point to enjoy the moment and listen to my body. I ran a negative split and felt like I could go for another couple of miles at the end of the run :)
Industrial section of SF on China Basin
First time running along the east side of the city (at least this far south of Market).
Ode to the Giants - it was a game day on Saturday!
My post run smoothie was delicious. 3/4c papaya; 3/4c pear; 1/2 cup peaches; 2 mint leaves; ginger and water to thin. I definitely put too much ginger in there - it was super spicy!
Sunday
8.3 mile hike | 3 hrs
It was an amazing day for a hike. I'll let the pictures below speak for themselves. After the hike we had a little spa day adventure with Sasa, to which I've dedicated a special photo blog :)













No comments:
Post a Comment