Still, I've been carrying around some extra pounds on me that I could stand to shed. And since I started pounding pavement, and watching what I eat, shed I have!
The up and up is that I've started eating about 5 meals a day at around 200 calories (more or less) a meal. It works really well for me to keep my sugar levels balanced and to mitigate those pangs of hunger (note: everyone's daily caloric intake is unique - check out http://www.livestrong.com/myplate for great tips)! Of course, some days I'm better than others, but after two months or so, I've found my stride when it comes to every day nutrition. I'm still experimenting though so am looking forward to reading more blogs out there about yummy recipes using local foods.
All that said, since the beginning of February, I've lost 9 pounds! Since I'm at the gym at least once a week, I've been using the same 'doctor's office' scale to track my progress. A great option for me since I don't want a scale at home lest I obsess and check myself everyday, which I assure you would drive me insane. More importantly, however, getting lean is particularly super news given that I just started marathon training.
While I may have everyday nutrition figured out today, that may not be the case as I start building into higher mileage weeks. Plus, I'm in the mode of testing different fueling methods for training as well, so I'm looking to share some of those insights here (most of which will be influenced from some of the great blogs out there that I read).
So I'll start quickly here with a snapshot of my breakfast this morning. I call it my Oatmeal and Fruit Breakfast Blast :) Have a great Wednesday to whoever is reading this!

Nice weight loss! You've inspired me to track my calories on daily plate! man, no wonder I need to lose weight. I've eaten most of my calories for the day by lunch time! oink! I'm pretty impressed by their food database so far. Day 1.. we'll see how the rest goes.
ReplyDeleteFirst of all - you have the honor of posting the first comment on this blog! haha
ReplyDeleteTracking calories can be very enlightening (and easy with this tool since it is a great db). I've found that I tend to consume more calories at the end of the day - oink oink. After a long hard day at the office, I reward myself by pigging out!
I'm sure you'll continue to find myplate as useful as I have (thanks, Lance)!!