First of all, what an exciting morning watching the Boston Marathon! It’s really inspiring to see that level of athleticism play out – I could feel the energy bursting from the screen! It was just what I needed to write up this post.
Last Thursday I came down with a head cold that pretty much left me “on the bench” all weekend. It’s frustrating to lose training momentum and I’m mentally trying to get past it. Lots of self motivation going on: oh well, not the greatest training week – move forward! Besides, my legs are thanking me for it, they feel fresh!
Moving forward is particularly fun because last Wednesday, I had an equifit test at my new gym. It was a very cool opportunity to benchmark and assess my current fitness to help create smart, achievable goals moving forward. I love stuff like this! My husband is sure I’ve taken all this running stuff to a different level but it’s been a great distraction and outlet for me. I’m finally spending time investing in me, so I can be better in every other aspect of my life. Big difference these days on my stress levels!
After all the tests, we sat down together and set goals. This is a super exercise that I highly recommend. For all of us working mothers out there, we’re used to doing this at the office and even for our children, often forgetting how important this is for us personally. It’s important to be inspired in ordering to be inspiring. Aren’t I the little cheerleader?!
So here are my goals – I’m putting them out there before my bunk week three of SFM training.
I’m in the process of translating them into a cohesive training plan, but – you get the picture ;)
Totals for the week: 8.5 miles
Monday: 5 miles @ 10:39
A recovery run from the US Half Marathon the day before with Sasa. My four legged buddy with me and he was SUPER annoying the first 2 miles (I ended up walking mile 2 w/ him 'cause he kept pulling me) but finally settled down by mile 3. Gorgeous SF evening!! I took a picture of him at the halfway point of our run.
Tuesday: Cross Rest My legs were needing it.
Wednesday: 4 miles 3.4 miles – Track Hill Repeats
Warm-Up; 2 Sets 5 x 150 Hill Repeats; Cool Down; Core 3.4 mi 00:34
Thursday: Rest – After my equifit test, I spent the remainder of the day in the office fighting off a head cold.
Friday: 5 miles Sick
Saturday: 6 miles Sick
Saturday: Rest Sick
No comments:
Post a Comment