Pages

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week 2 - SFM Training 2011

Totals for the week: 24 miles / 5:12 hours. Excited to have finished off a strong week 2 of training - on to the next!

Monday: 5 miles 4.9 miles @ 9:28 (1.1 - 9:05, 9:27, 9:50, 9:46, 0.8 -9:43)

Another beautiful SF evening with the training group. The route was a bit tough to navigate given crowded sidewalks, etc. but it was super fun! I ran to the rendezvous point and then cut off during the last mile of the route to head home!

Why are the splits goofy? Because my garmin doesn't pick up the first couple of blocks of my run and I end up tacking 'em on after I map out the miles at home. Boo!!

Tuesday: XT Spin Class - 50 minutes

My body likes working out in the afternoon I think, which is surprising. Either that, or I'm appreciating mixing up morning and evening workouts. Either way, the spin class went well. I'm not a huge fan of indoor workouts, especially when it's super nice out but this class was a serious ass kicker and I love the sensation of sweating that hard (gross, I know).

Wednesday: Track @ Kezar Stadium

My FIRST track workout ever! At the end of the day, I was reminded that I enjoy speed drills - it's a throwback to my days playing soccer. Looking forward to more - especially when I saw other clubs doing fun drills on the stairs, etc. For this workout, I was totally unprepared both practically and mentally for the COLD that was the west side of the city. Oh my goodness, it was windy and cold.

In my rush out the door (with the troops no less), not only had I failed to check the weather and dress appropriately, I forgot my garmin! Amazing how lost I felt without it.

Kezar StadiumImage by Whole Wheat Toast via Flickr


The workout was short compared to what was originally planned: 4 lap warm up, 6 30/60s x 2 (run hard for 30 seconds, jog easy pace for 60 seconds) 5 minute recovery between sets.

Thursday: 4 miles Rest

Friday: 3 miles @ 9:47

Legs were feeling a bit tight this morning - a reminder that I need to spend more time on the foam roller. I don't why I haven't been actually doing it - I love that thing!! Struggled a bit getting up the fort point hill but spent most of my thoughts on the half on Sunday. Super excited!!


Saturday: Rest


Sunday: 13.1 miles @ 10:22


First race of 2011, first race in San Francisco! Full race report to come ;)



Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment