Pages

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Running Scared

Well, not me. My running buddy, Sasa...

This morning I (we) ran a 4.3 mile loop through the Financial District, the Embarcadero, Fisherman's Wharf then back to North Beach. It was our longest work week run in 2011 (yay!), and it occurred to me that Sasa may be having a few side effects to the introduction of a new running schedule! Along the Embarcadero, he randomly skidded out, almost knocking me over as if he saw a ghost! Not once, but twice! I've never seen him do anything like it and I would be lying if I said it wasn't absolutely hilarious. Poor buddy!

He's been a great companion during these early morning, dark runs. There are a lot of randoms out there and it's great to feel safe on these runs with my beautiful furry friend. Although after his scardy cat moments this morning, I may have spoken too soon!!

In terms of the run, I felt pretty good. Once again, I went out a bit too fast but felt good once I got into a rhythm around 1.5 miles. I was definitely pushing myself and felt as though I was running out of steam by the end but a bit of Gu seemed to do the trick. I was super proud that I pushed myself all the way through the last .3 miles up that slight grade on Columbus.

No comments:

Post a Comment