Pages

Monday, February 21, 2011

20 Mile Week Milestone

I had a fabulous long holiday weekend. It was a great 'ending' to a milestone 20 mile week for me, particularly because my schedule was challenged with an out of town event and bummer rainy weather. Looking back, most of the effort to put in the miles was mostly mental - planning out a running schedule that barely saw an appointment on my calendar before was definitely an adjustment :)

In terms of scheduling adjustments, my Thursday 4 miler was postponed to Friday. And I'm not gonna lie. I was having a mini freak-out about the crushing disappointment missing this week's running goal would be. I realized quickly that I need to be sensible about scheduling challenges like these and trust that at the end of the day, I'll get the time in, especially if it really means that much to me.

On Saturday, Zane and Anna dropped me off at the gym while they headed to a kiddie birthday party - it was pouring out. It was an exciting day too because our very dear friends were coming into town. Once again, I felt myself stress over making sure I put in the time and unfortunately in the case, it was a painful introductory 2 miles on the treadmill...I had to simulate outdoor running in my mind to get through the boredom. I ended up inserting .25 mile sprints to spice things up.

I also stood on the scale and was a bit surprised to see how much I weighed. Nothing terribly dramatic but I am definitely about 12-15 lbs off my 'normal' weight and shedding those pounds while also trying to train for some races this year is going to be tough. It's a lot of extra weight to be lugging around! It was a very real reminder that I need to get equally serious about putting the time in to eat well. 

Speaking of eating, I definitely feasted over this long holiday weekend while the E-Family was in town. We ate a lot of Filipino food and had a ton of fun! The good news is that I definitely have the tools and knowledge to eat healthy so I'll start reporting on that too. Have a great week!

Below is my favorite picture from the weekend. The kiddos met me at Baker Beach after my long run on Sunday. After playing on the beach, we headed down to Union Square to do some belated X-mas shopping for JB and Tori. We had dinner at Westfield and that caught Gnomeo and Juliet. Dex and Malen let Z and I have a date night so later in the evening we had a few beers at O'Reilly's. 



No comments:

Post a Comment