Pages

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Reset

It's been over a month since my last post. My workouts have been sporadic and I've generally lost my center, letting work and stress in general take over. I could beat myself up about it but it's really just a balance I have to learn how to keep over and over again . I'll leave it at that.

Two weeks ago I started keeping a journal, which I've found to be really useful. I think could stand a bit of reflection and time away from the computer which funny enough likely adds to my stress! I enjoy reading blogs rather than actually keeping one updated but I think it's a great tool to help me stay on top of things. But then of course, there's garmin connect, daily mile and myfitness, which I also claim helps me stay on track - all the apps can really be overkill though! Surely there's one less complicated way? : )

The title of this post and reset. I've put in a few good weeks of training for the SFM but I've officially downgraded to the first half and will use the event as a training run at best. I was lucky enough to have gotten into the Nike Women's Marathon so will perhaps use that race as my key race for 2011. Or else a December race? Hmm, maybe I should just focus on getting out and running together rather than coughing more dough for an organized race!

Anyway, stay tuned, lots of big changes coming up for me professionally...

No comments:

Post a Comment