It’s been 2 years since we
moved to San Francisco and we continue find ways to make this city feel like
home. It’s been a sharp change of lifestyle but our
experiences have been scintillating, challenging and joyful all at once.
In 2011 Anna started the first
grade, began dancing at the San Francisco Ballet School and has developed an
expensive interest for horses and horseback riding – a nice balance, I suppose, to this
city girl’s lifestyle. Zane continues to thrive at GoGrid and has carved out
time to enjoy mountain biking in the myriad trails of the Marin headlands. I,
on the other hand, have made a big transition from the Cleantech Group to a
French multi-national called Veolia Environnement.
Late into 2011, I started moonlighting as a first grade tutor and have really thrown myself into this activity as a welcome opportunity to spend more time with Anna. For fun, I even managed
to train for and run a half marathon.
Looking into 2012, I'm excited to continue supporting and finding ways to introduce Anna to the world and sharpening her ability to think. It has certainly inspired me to be efficient with my time at work in order to carve out that precious time together. In addition to get back into a rhythm of working out, I'm also hoping to bring in some foreign language tutoring for myself in 2012.
For Anna, she begins piano lessons this year and likewise, will likely start on a foreign language.
The seemingly impossible task, however, that I'd like to attain is 2012 is a slower pace and bit more peacefulness...let's see!
No comments:
Post a Comment