Pages

Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Beach Tour Weekend

There are few sites more inspiring than the magnificent drive down the Pacific Coast Highway, and we were lucky enough to enjoy a portion of it this past weekend. We planned a long road trip down to Ventura and back over a short three days and surprisingly, the scenic drive and beautiful beaches offset the potential drag of 300 plus miles of driving.

The weather was amazing and the trip was filled with so much 'oh-so-relaxing' time on the beach and great company. The trip itself was inspired by a reunion with close family friends down in the Oxnard/ Ventura area. While the reunion wasn't so well attended (just another excuse to plan another one and head down again soon), it was a swift reminder of how beautiful of an area we live in.

We visited Pismo Beach, Ventura Beach and Santa Barbara. All three places were fantastic and we're excited about spending a bit more time in particular around Santa Barbara. It's funny - as I sat on the beach at this wonderful restaurant called The Shoreline Cafe, I thought of one of my recent posts shortly after our return from Paris about wanting to take Anna to live in a another country; I concluded that leaving here would have a huge downside as very few places can beat California's beach scene especially when considering how relatively close it is to our home base.

No place is perfect, but boy am I hungry to see it all :) How do I sign up for the no job, world traveler gig?


Pismo Beach right after sunset when we arrived.

We had a night cap at the Pismo Brewing Company that evening.

And the next morning on Saturday, I headed out for a 6 mile run | 56:29 | 9'22"/mile

After I got back and showered, Anna and I headed down to the beach

The sun came out and it turned out to be an awesome day!

One of Anna's favorite pastimes - picking sea shells ;)

At San Buenaventura State Beach with the Liporada family...

That evening, we headed to their place for dinner and snuggled with the kiddos!

Sunday in Santa Barbara where we first stopped at the Shoreline Cafe for brunch (and Mojitos!)

Table on the beach :)

Oh man - this is the life...

Sasa sneaks in a dip in the ocean.

1 comment:

  1. A Letter to Anna

    I am speechless....it is so nice for your mom to capture the essence of the moments of your life in writing and breath taking pictures. You look so adorable with your fashion complimented with awesome backdrops. It is not so hard to understand why Zane fell in love with you both.

    I really wish to have been there on your trip to Southern Cal and to finally meet and touch the lovely you. I hope I will be given that opportunity again as the world continues to turn.

    You are so blessed...see you soon

    Your Parents Holy Papa Paul

    ReplyDelete