Pages

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Paris Days 5-6


Day 5 - Wednesday 5 June
Woke up late and didn’t get in an intended run. It probably didn’t help that I didn’t fall asleep until past 1am. Anna and I watched Footlose that evening!

Skipped out of the office at 3pm to spend the late afternoon with Anna. We went to Galleries Lafayette and then had a yummy bowl of Ramen soup at a local restaurant. It reminded us of a random Britanny Murphy movie called, The Ramen Girl : ) I had a good breakfast and lunch earlier in the day (oatmeal and then a salad – with desert! – at the office cafeteria) but then tended to sort of pig out in the evening since I would be so tired! While a bowl of ramen isn’t necessarily a pig out, I would eat to the point of stuffed and then calmed myself down with beer….mmm, nothing like a cold one at the end of the day…

Anna gets up to send me off to work in the morning


On my way home, I see this cutie (very light) golden waiting for his amu...

At Galleries Lafayette with Anna picking out a beret

We went with SF Giants' ORANGE!

On top of Galleries Lafayette

Enticed by this to grab a bowl of ramen noodle soup for dinner

 
Day 6 - Thursday 6 June
I had a decent night’s rest and dragged myself out of bed at 6:45 to get out for a 5.6 mile run along the Seine and I felt great. For work some folks were out of town so it was nice to have a quiet day – just one meeting and plenty of time to keep my regular workflow on pace. Still, I came home around 8pm and walked to the Notre Dame with Zane and Anna (I would have been home earlier had I not hitched a ride with a co-worker. My commute would have been much faster by train!).

Anyway, we attended the ‘light show’ at 9pm for about 2 minutes before we realized it was a big snooze fest. We had a HUGE sushi dinner, which I don’t really regret (it was my first time having non-vegetarian in a few weeks).  As with Wednesday, I had oatmeal for breakfast and then a salad and desert for lunch at the office cafeteria.

Thursday pre-run

5.6 miles along the Seine



Sunset along the Seine on our way back from the disappointing 'light show' at the Notre Dame

 Beautiful sunset

No comments:

Post a Comment