Pages

Friday, May 6, 2011

Greetings from the Netherlands

I arrived today after a very uneventful (albeit long flight – 10 hours on my ass really hurts) and was very happy that the weather here has been very San Francisco like : ) It feels like summer and it was a great way to ensure that I didn’t crash in my hotel room upon check-in because I got my butt outside for a run immediately. I have a bunch of work to catch up on but I figured I wouldn't be too productive anyway coming off the trans-atlantic journey.

As a bit of a background – I’m often in Europe for business travel. We have a lot of clients here, but we also have an office in London. Usually, when I come across, my schedule is packed and my life is all about the trains planes and automobiles, if you know what I’m saying. Generally speaking, I’m fairly harassed. Case in point, last November I was in Berlin and I didn’t get to see the city at all…clearly my company is flying me out to get some business done, damnit!! None of this touristy fun stuff…

Anyway, I digress. The point of that was that I’m thrilled that this time around, not only do I have a some breathing room, I get to meet up with a dear family friend – one my brother’s BFFs and an older brother of sorts. I see him tomorrow. Today, I enjoyed a quiet transition in with a run, a bit of touring downtown (I’m in the Hague – off to Amsterdam on Monday) and then a lovely early dinner outside while I read ‘Once a Runner’ on my kindle. It was glorious. I came back to the hotel around 6:30 – fell asleep at 7:30 and now…I’m up. It’s 11:25pm local time.

Where are the pictures, you ask?!

A few fails – 1) I got a new phone a few months back not realizing that it doesn’t transition so well in Europe. Oops, so I am without a handheld mini-computer. Truthfully, part of me is thrilled by this. And 2) I forgot the usb cord for my camera. So while pictures are definitely being taken – none to share I’m afraid, until I get back. If I’m determined enough though, I’m sure I can grab one while I’m here…

Deets from my run today (as you can see, my garmin didn’t pick up signal until about .9 mile into the run so total distance was 6.6 miles once added on:

6.6 miles @ 9:45
Fullscreen capture 562011 112958 PM.bmp

No comments:

Post a Comment