Pages

Monday, July 8, 2013

June in Pictures

June was an amazing month and I was really excited to be able to be around for Anna during her first month of summer vacation. For the first time, she stayed home and I did some major multi-tasking working from home while ensuring she had activities without my direct supervision as well as adventures that got her outside burning some calories and enjoying the sun! It has been fun for me to work from a variety of different places including some fun outdoor spots (thank you AT&T hotspot!). I'm so grateful that I have the kind of flexibility that I do. Hanging out with her nearly everyday made me realize how quickly she's growing up and how I most certainly don't want to miss out on any of it :)

For myself, I was really able to focus on my health and fitness. I logged a lot of activity and I feel strong and empowered. For the first time, I'm being patient with myself as I try to shed pounds but more importantly, get my nutrition and relationship with food in balance. I feel fantastic and am really excited about the goals I've accomplished and those I'm currently pursuing. I'm really trying to focus on getting down to a healthy weight so I don't have that to worry about during any race training. After 6 weeks of regular running and strength training, I'm feeling strong and excited about going on adventures with the family!

Not included in the picture highlights below are Anna's swim class. I FINALLY got her willing to take swim lessons and luckily, after the first class, she really enjoyed it. Like her Mom, she wasn't too keen on water but as a matter of practicality, it was time she learned. She enjoyed it to boot, so everyone was happy...

June 1st - Guinness Oyster and Music Festival at Golden Gate Park

June 2nd - Six Flags with Aliyah




She got her haircut short and had a very clear idea of the style that she wanted...

A little scoot in the middle of the day for her requested Quickly boba tea :)

Momo's camp adventure to the Exploratorium. What a treat to be able to scoot there.


 Anna loved the Tinker Studio...we ended up buying one of the mini motors for her to play with at home - we also bought materials to create other similar projects.



Friday evenings after Kumon you'll often find us at the Off the Grid Food Trucks. We love this. Here, Anna's eating her order of bbq pork belly over a bed of kimchi fried rice. Not at all healthy - in honor of her Lolo!

At home replicating her 'scribble machine' from the Exploratorium's Tinker Studio.

A little pashal at Japantown with Onigiri ball snack devoured.

Father's Day Half Marathon for Zane!

It was also the North Beach Festival weekend...

My 'sample queen' chowing on some cheese at Whole Foods...

Anna has mastered SF downhill scootering...


 Another Momo's camp adventure. This time to destination playground Mission Dolores. She made a friend the afternoon we were there and ran around to her heart's content.

 Scoot down to Aquatic Park on another week day...

 ...to hang at the beach and quench an In-n-Out craving.


No comments:

Post a Comment