February proved to be a month of amazing weather - we were outside a lot despite our busy weekday schedules. A few highlights of the month include: the pleasure of having a visit from my cousins from the Philippines - we went up to Napa Valley, Sausilito; a special Chinese New Year parade in the city that Anna had been looking forward to for a long time as a participant (!); the start of Anna's musical theatre class on Wednesday evenings; a weekend getaway up to Sonoma county for some (more) wine tasting and a lovely hike around Jack London's beauty ranch and more...
In sad news, we also lost some loved ones. Zane's stepfather died suddenly, and my beloved Grandmother passed...albeit after a long life, peacefully in her sleep. Their departures were yet another reminder of how precious life is. While Zane was gone helping out his family in Michigan, Anna and Sasa and I bonded here in SF (read: lots of outdoor time together) and I had lots of time to reflect. I started a regular running routine again the last week of the month and started waking my body up from its sedentary slumber since my marathon back in October 2012.
A regular week day - Sasa and I pick Anna up from school.
Chappellet Winery tour up in Prichard Hill with my cousins.
Anna explores the vineyard on this amazing day.
We take the boat to Sausilito.
After an afternoon brunch - Anna had a date with her friend Sabina while I enjoy a bloody Mary :)
A little hike through Jack London's Beauty ranch with some of Zane's friends from work.
After our hike we head to a few wineries and settle at Chateau St. Jean
Sasa enjoys his monthly bath - lol
Anna before and after their parade - their hip hop dances were the hit!
Sasa enjoys some play time too while Anna is at her theatre class

No comments:
Post a Comment