Pages

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving in Virginia

[Posted: January 17, 2013]

A few months late, I'm rounding out our activities in 2013. Unfortunately, these activities don't include much running or training. Am in my typical 'trough' period that I'm currently trying to revive. 

All bundled up, headed to the airport for our unfortunate red-eye to Charlottesville.

Visiting James Madison's home, Montpelier. Who knew the trip would turn into such a lesson in American history?

Wearing a sweater for the first time this winter season!





Visiting Thomas Jefferson's home, Monticello. Anna surprised me her thoughtful questions during the tour including whether or not Jefferson used his 'green room' and how he collected all of his Native American artifacts. 

When I asked about a question regarding the context of Jefferson's anti-Federalist sentiments, Anna told me I had done a good job of asking such a good question.


Visiting an awesome outdoor museum just outside of Charlottesville. We had a golf cart to visit all the different geographic and time period 'exhibits' of how Americans, Europeans and Africans lived during colonial times.





Oh yea, we had Thanksgiving dinner too with Zane's family but I don't seem to have any evidence on my camera roll at the moment! Plus, I was sick with the flu for most of the trip, which was a real bummer...


No comments:

Post a Comment